SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship Doctoral(CGSD) and Doctoral Fellowship Competitions
The following information is for SSHRC doctoral award applications adjudicated and nominated to SSHRC by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
In some instances, depending on your registration status, you may apply directly to SSHRC. Check the SSHRC website for application details for each competition.
The FGSR process for SSHRC awards is as follows:
- students apply to their department by the internal deadline for that department. Contact your department for more information.
- departments forward applications to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research by 4 p.m. on Monday, October 28, 2013.
- nominations are adjudicated by the FGSR and 75 selected applications are forwarded to SSHRC for consideration by January 9, 2014.
- SSHRC contacts students directly once award decisions are made in the spring 2014.
2014 Competition Department Memo
2013 Application tutorial Video for Students: See SSHRC website
Progress Report (required 6 weeks before start of renewal Year)
SSHRC Canada Graduate Scholarship-Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement (CGS-MSFSS)
- students must complete the web-based application form available on the SSHRC website and submit it electronically; students must also submit a completed, signed and printed application to their department.
- departments forward applications to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research by the FGSR deadline
- nominations are adjudicated by a committee and recommended applications are forwarded to SSHRC for consideration
- successful applicants are notified by SSHRC
Friday, September 26, 2014 -- deadline for departments to submit applications to FGSR
October 2014 Competition Information
Consent to Disclosure of Personal Information
Application Form and Instructions -- see SSHRC website